Rosewill USB 3.0 2 Detachable Antenna Wireless Adapter Up to 300Mbps (AC1200UBE2)

I have a D-Link DIR-655 router, which had issues in the past with wireless. I had bought a DWA-130 USB wireless adapter 6 months ago to connect my desktop to the internet. The wireless would work fine for a while until later when the wireless would constantly connect and disconnect. Every time I rebooted the router, the wireless would play nice again and then start the whole thing over again. So I blamed the router.

Even after the new firmware update for the router, which solved all issues for others, I still had issues. Then I turned to the modem. I thought the modem was timing out or something like that because even the wired computer was getting affected and the modem status page occasionally wouldn't load properly. Just more and more frustration as I thought the whole wireless tech was just worthless.

Then one day I got pissed at the wireless adapter because when I rubbed it on the back or even cooled it with my table fan, it would start working againuntil I stopped rubbing it. I decided to get a new more powerful wireless adapter just to see if it would change anything. Saw good reviews for the Rosewill device and bought it.

OMG!!! Ever since I started using this device, ALL my router and internet problems disappeared!! The Rosewill device would connect to my router with 5 bars at all times at 300mbps wireless-n and not create a fussIT JUST WORKS!

Since then my internet has been working uninterrupted and all the wired devices work without a hiccup. ALL BECAUSE OF ONE..BAD..DEVICE! How can this be? The old adapter was a D-Link connecting to a D-Link routerand that had issues while the Rosewill adapter and D-Link router work fine??? Just shows to prove that even the underdog is not to be underestimated.

Now some info: The adapter itself comes with a nice base that will sit on any flat surface + the long antenna gets you wireless signals you didn't even knew existed. Yeah, this beats a laptop's built-in wireless easily.

Also, this device is not propietary technology unlike the big brands out there. This means that you can easily obtain the newest drivers directly from Realtek's website. And trust me, they update their drivers on a constant basis which is good for the consumer. Just download the RTL8192SU drivers rather than relying on the included CD for the latest drivers.

Update: So the device still works fine, but it has started exhibiting connectivity issues. It is due to the fact that I am on a different floor on the opposite side of the house away from the router. So with the distance issue I am also using the device for a lot of 720p streaming and the combination of the two probably and slowly kills my wireless adapters.

So it's not that the product is bad, it's just the way I use it makes it bad. But it still works fine, just not good enough for my intended use. So I still recommend buying this as it's an excellent wireless device, but for heavy use you should go wired like I eventually had to. Wired is the best, hands down.