TP-LINK TL-ANT2408CL 2.4GHz 8dBi Indoor Omni-directional Antenna

Who wouldn't like products like this one? It's simple, effective and cheap.

I have recently built a desktop computer and installed on it an ordinary wifi pcie card TP-LINK TL-WN781ND Wireless N150 PCI Express Adapter,150Mbps, IEEE 802.1b/g/n, WEP, WPA/WPA2.

It was impossible to connect to my home router from the second floor. While I researched for wifi antennas, I placed in between the PC and the router a wifi signal repeater (that I already had) as a temporal solution.

The signal was ok (2 out of 5 bars) but, the internet connection was laggier when having the repeater as an intermediary compared to a direct connection to the router (any online gamer reading this?).

There are many different antenna models out there that probably would work just as well, but I decided for this one because it was the same brand as my wifi card (yeah I know, I'm a little bit piky).

This has been one of my most intelligent purchases of all time. I now have direct access to my router and, best of all, the signal strenght up here in the second floor went to none (when having only the tiny, factory installed antenna) to 3 bars!

Please note that this product is designed as a receiver antenna, and does this job wonderfully. Anyone hoping for boosting the signal from the router is not looking in the right place.

Some routers have configuration parameters that permit increasing signal strenght within the router itself (no extra antennas here), best to consult your internet provider for more info on this.

If you really want a signal booster so that the signal from your router reaches farther, try a powered antenna; this one is a passive antenna (good luck with that as you might receive the signal farther away but you must still find a way for sending the signal back!).

Also, be wary of your internet wifi router/card band. You must be connected in the 2.4 GHz region, otherwise this antenna might not help with signal gain.

This antenna has a sturdy base with magnets and I can't complaint of the length of the cable.

A nice feature of the antenna is that it can be rotated anywhere between a half hemisphere (see the picture I've uploded). What can I say? I'm in love.